Roller derby’s unique amateur sport model attracts a loyal fan base who are passionate about the “work hard, play hard” ethic of extreme sports. The DIY ethos of roller derby provides our sponsors with a unique opportunity to develop a creative partnership that is as hard-hitting and cutting edge as the sport itself.
Why link your brand with a roller derby team?
- High audience loyalty. In a 2011 survey, 95% of fans said they hold a favourable opinion of businesses that support their local league and 72% have bought a product or service from a sponsor.
- The fastest growing sport in Britain. The popularity of roller derby doubled from 2010-2011 and continues to grow, tapping into audiences both young and old in more of Britain’s cities every year.
- A well established presence. The London Rockin’ Rollers were one of the first roller derby leagues in the UK and have been in operation for over nine years. We consistently play at the highest level and are one of the top teams in Europe.
London Rockin’ Rollers fans and players are a close-knit network with links to derby communities throughout North America, Europe and the UK. Come along for the ride and we can guarantee you’ll pick up some great friends along the way.
What can we offer?
We will consider any level of sponsorship and many different types of support. This could include cross marketing opportunities or publicity partnerships, cut price services, venue sponsorship, cold hard cash, uniforms and equipment, sports nutrition, or other types of partnership. We can offer a range of advertising opportunities – from exposure at our bouts through various media, promotion through the web, or face-to-face interaction at public events.
For details on advertising or selling merchandise at our bouts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full options and prices.
Our skaters are also no strangers to media and face-to-face publicity – we actively seek out brands that compliment our own and events that play to our strengths and the uniqueness of the sport we know and love.
In the past few years we’ve been privileged to be involved with:
- Product promotions for Nokia, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Cadbury
- Editorial pieces for the Sunday Times Magazine, Guardian, Bizarre, and TNT
- TV appearances on ITV and Dave
- Live events presences and sport demonstrations at London’s Southbank Centre, the 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremony, High Voltage Festival, Tattoo Freeze convention, Kapow Comicon, MCN London Motorcycle Show and Limelight Film Festival
- Photoshoots for Toxico clothing and Cupcake Betty
- Documentries and music videos
- Fundraising at the Ace Cafe London Stunt Festival & Streetfighter Show
Who are you reaching?
According to WFTDA’s 2012 worldwide demographic survey of roller derby audiences;
(2,262 fans surveyed from around the globe)
- Average fan age: 37.0 years old
- Male: 39%, Female: 61%
- Annual household income greater than $50,000: 55%
- Annual household income greater than $75,000: 33%
- Education: 84% with some college education
- Straight: 82%, LGBT: 18%
On the web:
- The ages of our average Facebook fans are split between 25-34 (38%), 18-24s (17%), and 35-44 (22%)
- Our average direct weekly reach on Facebook is approximately 5,600.*
- During the promotion for our Bootcamps, our messages can reach up to 9,900 like-minded roller derby people around the UK and across Europe.
To discuss partnership or advertising opportunities please email email@example.com