Come one, come all to LRR’s first home game of the season! A smashing Roller Derby double header of fun, friends, and wheely feet!
WHAT THE HECK IS ROLLER DERBY?
Roller Derby is a full contact sport played on quad skates, in which two teams try and score points against each other. The game consists of two halves made up of short ‘jams’. During a jam, the ‘jammer’ (wearing a star) tries to score points for their team by getting past and lapping the ‘blockers’ on the opposite team.
Confused? We’re not surprised. That’s why there’s a 53 page rulebook. BUT if you remember that the jammers score points, and the blockers try and stop them from doing that, you’ve got it – and of course, the team with the most points wins!
HOW DO I GET THERE?
Catching the Bus
– Towards Turnpike Lane – 41, 230, 123, 41, 67
– Towards Tottenham Hale – 76, 41, 230, 123
– Towards Northumberland Park – 341, 476, 318
– Towards Stoke Newington – 76, 149, 243, 476
– Towards Wood Green – 230, 243, 123
Catching the Train
Closest overground/tube stations to the centre are:
– Seven Sisters-10 minute walk
– Bruce Grove Station-11 minute walk
– Tottenham Hale-16 minute walk
WHAT CAN I DRINK?
Please note that the venue rules mean that you can’t bring your own alcohol – however we have a lovely well-stocked bar manned by our league members for you to enjoy!
Venue is fully wheelchair-accessible.
14.15: Doors open
GAME 1 – LRR BADASSESS vs OXFORD B
14.45: Game 1 First whistle
GAME 2 – LRR ALLSTARS vs OXFORD A
16.50: Game 2 first whistle