Roller derby’s unique amateur sport model attracts a very loyal fan base, who are passionate about the “work hard, play hard” ethic of extreme sports. The DIY ethos of roller derby provides our sponsors with a unique opportunity to develop a creative partnership that is as hard-hitting and cutting edge as the sport itself.
Why link your brand with a roller derby team?
- High audience loyalty. In a 2011 survey, 95% of fans said they hold a favourable opinion of businesses that support their local league, and 72% have bought a product or service from a sponsor.
- The fastest growing sport in Britain. The popularity of roller derby doubled from 2010-2011 and continues to grow, tapping into audiences young and old in more of Britain’s cities every year.
- A well established presence. The London Rockin’ Rollers were one of the first roller derby leagues in the UK and have been in operation for five years. We consistently play at the highest level and are one of the top teams in Europe.
London Rockin’ Rollers fans and players are a close network with links to derby communities throughout the UK and Europe. Come along for the ride and they’re likely to love you too.
What can we offer?
We will consider any level of sponsorship, and many different types of support. This could include cold hard cash, cross marketing or publicity partnerships, cut price services, venue sponsorship, uniforms and equipment, sports nutrition, or other types of partnership. We can offer a range of advertising opportunities –from exposure at our bouts through various media, promotion through the web, or face to face at public events.
For details on advertising or selling merchandise at our bouts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full options and prices.
Our skaters are also no strangers to media and face-to-face publicity – we actively seek out brands who compliment our own and events really play to our strengths and the uniqueness of the sport.
In the past few years we’ve been privileged to be involved with;
- Product promotions for Nokia, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Cadbury
- Editorial pieces for the Sunday Times Magazine, Guardian, Bizarre, and TNT
- TV appearances on ITV and Dave
- Live events presences and sport demonstrations at London Southbank Centre, High Voltage festival, Tattoo Freeze convention, Kapow Comicon and Limelight film festival
- Photoshoots for Toxico clothing and Cupcake Betty
Who are you reaching?
According to WFTDA’s 2011 worldwide demographic survey of roller derby audiences;
- Male: 34%, Female: 66%
- Straight: 80%, LGBT, 20%
- Fans 24 years old or younger are likely to be female
- Roughly a quarter of fans (27%) live with children in their household
On the web:
- Our average direct weekly reach on Facebook is approximately 5,600*
- During bootcamps, our messages can reach up to 9,900 like-minded rollergirls around the UK and Europe.
*to put it into perspective, that’s the same as the entire Facebook fanbase for Leeds FC.
To discuss partnership or advertising opportunities please email email@example.com.