We’re celebrating 5 years as one of the top leagues in Europe by finally sharing some of the tips, tricks and drills that have kept us rollin’ high in the league tables!
We’re hosting two days of Bootcamp action on the weekend of 9-10 June – with five sessions per day, scrimmaging, plus FREE entry to see the Allstars in action against Dublin Roller Girls on Saturday night!
But – and we can’t believe we’re saying this – don’t party too hard, because on Sunday there’ll be more…
Our coaches and guests will take you through your paces with a range of classes to improve your skating skills and fitness and help you become the skater you want to be, including;
- Jamming masterclass with Jack Attack – Team England jammer and our MVP 2011
- Speedskating – blast through the competition with better technique and efficiency from pro coach and 26 times National Champion Adrian Wordsworth
- Strategy and team tactics led by LRR Allstars captain Red N Roll – including tactical scrimmaging and some amazing drills to improve your team’s verbal and non-verbal communication
- Skills and drills – learn offense, blocking techniques and agility from some of our most fearsome blockers!
- Gym class – off skates blocking, plyometrics, and derby-specific fitness exercises you can teach your whole team
- League workshops – how to run a roller derby league, skills for the bench and more
- And of course, there’ll be the opportunity to put your skills to good use in mixed scrimmaging!
The sessions are grouped by 5 skill levels so you will be pushing yourselves with skaters of similar ability – so whether you’re a European elite skater or you’ve just passed minimum skills, there is a place waiting for you.
You’ll receive a questionnaire to help put you in the right group, but there will be chance to change group on the day. Easy!
Location: Newham Leisure Centre, East London
Date: 9-10 June 2012
Cost for full weekend including bout: £100
Your ticket does not include accommodation or food, however we’ll recommend local hotels and there will be food available both at the venue and locally. There are only 125 places so get in quick and don’t miss out on the coaching team that have helped make the London Rockin’ Rollers what we are today.
Book before the 26th May and you also have the opportunity to purchase a limited edition Vince Ray t-shirt with your name and number ready for when you arrive.
See you on the track!